Beleura House & Garden
Beleura was built on the Mornington Peninsula in 1863 by Scottish immigrant James Butchart. Its final owner was the composer John Tallis who bequeathed Beleura to the people of Victoria as a memorial to his late father, Sir George Tallis, the well-known theatre entrepreneur and head of J.C. Williamson Ltd.
Today Beleura House & Garden is a place where people are welcomed, where talented young musicians are encouraged and where vignettes of the past offer an insight into the lives of previous generations. The house and its splendid grounds, interiors and archival material reflect the life and legacy of the Tallis family. A small collection of work by ceramic artist, Klytie Pate was part of this legacy and has since expanded to become the Klytie Pate Treasury. A car museum opens in 2017 and a programme of highly-regarded recitals, guided tours and cultural events is available to view hereÖ